Healthy Banana Pancakes
Updated: Feb 13, 2018
One of the first gluten free and refined sugar free recipes I fell in love with, were these healthy and simple banana pancakes. This idea was given to me my best friend, and fellow foodie Katie Morgan, who also tries to live a gluten free lifestyle, for our own personal health reasons. We are both constantly sharing recipe ideas and are always talking about our love of good, healthy food.
So, when she initially told me to give these banana pancakes a go, just when I was starting out on my gluten free quest, I was a little skeptical. I mean, how can you possibly make 2 eggs and 1 banana taste like normal fluffy pancakes?! Turns out you can...
Over time i've adapted the simple recipe she gave me, experimenting with different toppings and fillings. I now use the same combination each time I want lovely, sweet, guilt-free pancakes, and they never fail to disappoint me.
What I love most about this recipe is its simplicity, and versatility, you can chuck in whatever you want and it'll come out tasting great. For my fool proof version you'll need the following:
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- Handful gluten free (or regular) oats
- Handful blueberries
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pure maple syrup or honey
- Tablespoon coconut oil
(Tip: If you want to avoid grains or don't want to overdo the carbs for breakfast, they work just as good without the oats, and will taste like sweet omelettes)
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl, add the oats, mashed banana, cinnamon and blueberries.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and bring the heat down to medium.
- Dollop a 1/4 of the mixture into the pan and quickly form into a circle with a spatula as the mixture begins to cook.
- Repeat the same again 3 more times (you should have enough mixture for four American style pancakes.)
- Flip all of the pancakes over after a minute or two, or when they begin to form enough for you to flip them.
- Transfer to a plate, and drizzle with honey or pure maple syrup.
Enjoy! LM x
Don't forget to take a picture, upload to Instagram and tag @lucymarnerfitness